7.08.2008

Our 4th of July


This past weekend was the 4th of July. Yet for Andy and I, it was his best friend Josh’s wedding day. The kids spent the day with my family at my Aunt and Uncle’s house at the infamous pool, and so they were in their glory. I stopped by in between the ceremony and reception for a few hours and they were having a blast, enjoying the 4th the way it is usually spent with my mom’s side of the family, picnicking and playing. My dad was in charge of the kids for a few hours while my mom worked and he passed with flying colors. My kids are enamored by my father and all that he entails so he could have had them doing chores and they would have thought that this was the greatest time ever. During my in between time there, Kendall was stung not once, but twice by bees. I have been waiting for this time to come, expecting the worst since me and some other members of my family are allergic to bees. However, Kendall passed with flying colors. She did cry. But she didn’t cry as long as I would if I were two. My aunt whipped out the first aid kit and in it was sting soother and Kendall’s favorite, boo-boo patches. I think that this attention from everyone soothed her more than anything else, and she was over it within a 10 minute span. It started to swell and I was ready to run, but then as quickly as it came on, it went in the opposite direction, and she was fine.

So on to Mommy and Daddy time. The wedding was a lot of fun, and in true Josh form, it was on the 4th of July and it was grand. In the defense of Josh, I do think that if you are going to have your wedding on the 4th of July, it has to be able to compete with that which is the 4th of July and all that it entails, and this “event”, certainly did. The ceremony was at noon in Trenton, and though it was beautiful, it was hot, since the church did not have air. All I could think of was that one of the guys is going to pass out. They were in their head to toe tuxes and if I was sweating in my sleeveless dress, they must have been sweltering. So cocktails began at 5 and the wedding party took off in their party bus for pictures and enough beer to put everyone in good spirits. The reception was in the city at Cescaphe, and let me just mention the three things that are worth mentioning since I won’t go into all the details; mojitos, yummy, dessert room, as close to heaven on earth that I have been thus far in life, and my dress, doable. I had a few dresses picked out…but it was going to be a long day so I needed one that had the two things of most importance to me when wearing a dress ALL. DAY. LONG. It kept me cool, since it was July in Northeast PA, and it covered the ladies, so this meant I could dance without being concerned that they would pop out and make America’s Funniest Home Videos wedding gag reel.

We stayed in the city that night and thank heaven for the brick size and weight of the piece of wedding cake Andy had snagged for or those mojitos would have made an encore appearance.

My husband thoroughly enjoyed all wedding activities, and why not since this wedding has been going on for a few months now with 2 bachelor parties, one that involved going on an airplane, countless phone calls, hanging out with a bunch of close friends that could probably have a book written about them, which would be even funnier from one of their wives’ prospective, the construction of a best man’s speech, and with the culmination of all of this with the actual wedding day.

Here is my best man himself at the end of this day...

No comments:

Post a Comment