10.20.2008

Punkin Picking





This weekend we ventured to a local farm to pick our own, as Kendall and Ethan both say, 'punkins.' Kendall loved roaming through the field in search of her favorite one, but was also quite courteous and kept saying, 'lets find one for you too Mommy.' So we thought we had 2, and we were ready to trek back up to the stand to have ours weighed, when from behind Kendall was pushing and rolling a pumpkin up the path. We turned to get her and she said, 'here is my punkin.' So of course we had to add a third pumpkin to the loot. Our beasts weighed in at 37 pounds.







We then were off to get on the hayride, which we were told was 30 minutes. I immediately became nervous about Ethan and was convinced that I would be getting off the ride way out in the middle of the 100 acre farm and have to trek back with him, because in times of distress, Ethan only wants his Mama. (yeah, real cute)




But surprisingly after telling me, 'no,' he didn't want to go on, he did, and he loved it. The tractor pulled us so slowly, but this was ideal for him because it wasn't scary. Kendall also loved this ride. She in fact loved the entire experience, giving us a hard time with leaving. At one point I said to her, ok Kendall, we are all leaving you can stay here I guess, thinking she was going to screech and run after me, she says,' ok Mommy, you can come get me later. '




I also was able to experience my first port a potty moment with our potty training little girl. She told me she had to go, so we entered the potty. I was trying to make it as quick as possible because I would rather be in pain than use a port a potty. So I get her ready and say, 'Ok Kendall, Mommy is going to hold you over the potty, just go.' Of course she says, 'Oh no Mommy, I can't pee pee not sitting on potty!!!!!' So, yeah, I get to clean a port a potty with wipes, sanitizer, and a make shift potty liner out of toilet paper. 'I not sit on paper Mommy.' And that is where I drew the line. 'Kendall you sit on this paper or you will get so sick that you won't be able to be Cinderella for Halloween!' Done. So we get out of the port a potty, finally, and she notices the line of potties. 'Hey let's see all these Mommy!' Uh no, thanks. I understand the novelty of potties and bathrooms when first potty training, but port a potties? You're on your own kid. I told her they were all occupied and quickly led her away. Ok, so two lies in the span of 10 minutes, I think given the situation, they are forgivable.



But we got Pumpkins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment