2.22.2008

Snow Day!



I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. to go and pop Ethan's binky back in his mouth and happened to notice that familiar glow that happens when it is snowing while it is still dark out. I couldn't believe how much had fallen and knew that Kendall would be so exited!

This week was a hard week for Kendall. She came down with some stomach bug and was out of commission for the greater part of the week. She seems to have bounced back today and her appetite is returning. It is always worrisome to me when she doesn't eat at all since she is tiny to begin with and gives me a hard time about eating anything that is good for her. We were at the doctor when she was running a continual fever and he said to just keep her hydrated and not worry too much about her food intake until it gets to be more then 3 or 4 days. We have her 2 year check up on Monday so she will weigh in then.

Ethan continues to pick up the pace. He is now sleeping through the night. Hallelujah! I don't know why I am so surprised, it happened around this time for Kendall as well. But when you go so long without sleeping through the night you begin to think it may never end! I think the trick is sleeping on his tummy. They tell you not to put them on their tummy's so I never did. (but for some reason I let him sleep with a pillow and blankies) So Ethan has found on his own, tummy sleeping, and this suits him wonderfully!

He is all boy and continually makes me laugh at these boy things that he does. I was one of three girls with alot of girl cousins, so I am not too familiar with boys. Today he found it fun to fly around the downstairs in his walker and crash into things and laugh hysterically upon impact or run over things and laugh while his sister screamed at him because he was running over her doll house! He moves super fast in this walker and is a bruiser in size, so the impacts were quite forceful, none the less, he found this incredibly fun. He is such a brut in this walker that when he is put in it, Kendall races up the stairs to get shoes on because her little toes have been run over many times while he has raced around.

He is still at the same spot with walking. Since he refuses to crawl he doesn't have the security in the falling and balence, so he is a little weary to just GO! But in due time. I am no longer concerned for him since I know he can do it, its just a matter of him knowing he can do it.

Kendall has now entered the terrible two's. Again, I don't know why I am so dismayed by this. I knew it was coming. I knew since she has been an angel to this point that it was only a matter of time until she gave me some bumps. I was just saying to my good friend Steph this morning, it almost is as if she turned 2 and a switch went off and a monster was released. She certainly has her moments. I know it could be worse. Because for the most part, she is a good girl, it is just that you never know when the switch is going to go off and release the beast. So today is a new day for me, and I am willing myself to be the big girl, the mama, and take charge. Kendall will be getting timeouts and learn the fine art of who the boss is. She certainly has been testing me. Immediately after this decision was made, we were working through a tantrum over play-doh because everything has to be precise. I turned to her and said, "Kendall, Mommy said that you are going to get only two containers of play-doh today, because that is all you need." She began to screech, and I said, "No, mommy is the boss, and if you do not want the two things of play-doh, then we will not play with play-doh." And with that she turns and looks at me and says, "No Mommy, I am the boss." We have a long road ahead of us...



Beyond being sick earlier in the week and beyond the terrible two's being terrible, today was a snow day, and we did enjoy ourselves outside until lunch time playing with Kendall's best friend and neighbor, Sarah. It seemed as though even Ethan loved the snow and watching the kids run in it with a little look of envy on his face. Next year E.

No comments:

Post a Comment