4.19.2013

The Face


For some reason this child has a slight case of Mama Diagnosed OCD.
Its main symptom is repetition and order.
So help you if you sit down something where it does not belong.
Shear panic ensues.
Like if I am getting in the car and putting him in first. I typically have a coffee or a diet pepsi in my hands.  I will always put it on the roof to free up my hands to buckle him in.
I now have to do this when he is not looking.
If he is looking.....'MA-YEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ON THE ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT!!!!!!!!!! GET IT NOW MA-YEE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'
It doesn't end until the coffee is safe in my hands.

Jake: Ma-yee, this truck is red?
Me: Yes.
J: The truck is red.
Me: Yes, good job.
2 minutes later
J: Ma-yee this truck is red.
Me: Yes it's still red.
10 minutes later.
Jake: Ma-yee, the truck is red.
Me: Yup, not gonna change pal. We bought it red, it will stay red. Unless your sister gets it and decorates it with marker like every other surface on this house.
J: It's red, Ma-yee.

He likes to count things.
'Ma-yee, there are 1, 2, 3, 7, 13, 14, cereals in my bowl.'
And its everything.
I just sent him to give Stan a treat.
'2 treats.'
J: 4, 6, 7, 9 treats, Ma-yee?'
'No,  just two.'

He has now moved on to adding facial expressions into this OCD. Someone showed him that this trick was possible, and now this is all I see. I see it at least 783 times a day.
'You see my hot dog, Ma-yee.'
He does it whenever he is spoken to.
Some might think it's fresh, like he is sticking out his tongue. I am here to tell you this is not the case, he just can't help but do it, ever since he learned how to do it.
On second thought, perhaps its tourettes.

Why is it called a hot dog?
It looks like a hot dog roll, but we call it a hot dog.

He is aware of who can and can not do this.
'Ma-yee, you see this hot dog.'
Me: Yup, and I saw it the last 67 times too.
'Sue can't do the hot dog, neither can Evan.'
Me: Really? I didn't remember you just told me that five minutes ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment